Sunday, October 20, 2013

5 Random Things I Have Discovered while Living in Houston

I know...I know. I owe you a bigger post. One is coming...I promise. With pictures of the new place and talk about how we are going to renovate and sock puppets! (Eric says no to the Sock Puppet...If you read my Your Moment of Heatherness Tumblr's "Things Heather Should Stop Doing in Public According to Eric", you will eventually learn why.) For now...the 5 random things I have discovered while living in Houston (so far):

  • The majority of the people we have encountered have been polite, patient, and kind - particularly customer service types. That being said, when someone is rude it is far more jarring.
  • There are some good Texas wines.
  • Downtown Houston is really working on being a vibrant and interesting place. There was a Korean Festival, a night time flea market (every third Saturday!), and an urban foot race this weekend!
  • The view from our place is pretty damn amazing.
  • The First Unitarian Universalist Church of Houston is really a delight and has become a part of our weekends. (Surprising to some, I'm sure. But I was raised Unitarian Universalist and missed being a part of that community.)

Eric and I are trying to be as involved as possible so we are planning to go to the Downtown Town Hall Meeting Tuesday. So much awesome and we are only in our first week here! More later...but first...a shot out of the kitchen window.

I like to watch the elevator go up and down on the building being reno'd. "Ellelator go up...Ellelator go down..."

No comments:

Post a Comment